Thursday, August 15, 2013

99: Peperonata


Is there a way to photograph this so it looks as lovely as it tastes? Not sure. Would help if it weren't blurry.

I followed the same method as the last time I'd made peperonata. Or actually, let the peppers go with the onions for a bit before adding the tomato. But that didn't seem to make much of a difference. My sweet onions were a little smaller so used a whole one instead of half. Probably a little less tomato, but I have to split up my romas between this and another dish I'll post about tomorrow.

Kept the peppers on the al dente side, per my note for improvement last time, but I think they're actually better a bit softer. As these peppers were a little riper than the last set (noted by how nice and green they are), the whole dish ended up on the sweet side. A little extra pepper and red pepper flake fixed that nicely.


Used the last of my genovese basil and parsley on this as well.

I think next time I'd like to try slicing the peppers a bit thinner, and maybe cutting the tomatoes into wedges like the other ingredients instead of the dice, just to see how that works. I also need to remember to do this in a larger pan, as the peppers kept wanting to escape their delicious fate every time I stirred (aka made a mess).

No comments:

Post a Comment