Sunday, August 11, 2013

76: Lemon Marmalade Update


So I finally cracked open one of the jars of lemon marmalade. I still haven't finished the jar of jam I keep at work for oatmeal, but eh, this has enough sugar it'll last in the fridge for ages.


Tried a little on some cinnamon walnut bread my roommate had gotten on a whim from a local bakery. One with ricotta, one without. Which won?


Ricotta, obvs. Overall the rinds are definitely too tough- they needed to be cut much thinner than I was able to. Still good for oatmeal, I'm not sure if it's good enough to bring back to the place that gave me the lemons.

The thing that makes me happiest is that the consistency is spot on! I think all sugar may have been a bit too firm but the honey kept it nice. This is the first batch of marmalade I'd made in my big creuset, will have to do more. I'm thinking of getting a smaller dutch oven, which would be perfect for those one or two half-pint batches.

I'll let you know when I open the basil one. Will probably be another month or so though.

No comments:

Post a Comment