Tuesday, August 27, 2013

111: Roasted Salsa


Yet another dip, yet another recipe from Martha. This one I followed pretty much as written, though I only used two jalapenos as mine were especially spicy.

There was a little confusion in my brain about whether to keep or discard the skins for the tomatoes and jalapenos, which can come off easily after roasting. I ended taking off the tomatoes' (especially easy to remove) and leaving on the jalapenos as I was lazy.

This was devoured fairly quickly. Next time I'll probably roast the ingredients a little longer, just to get a bit more char on 'em.

It was also the inaugural use of my food processor, which I got for my birthday. It's HUGE, like way too big for my NYC kitchen. Thankfully it comes with a mini-bowl, which was perfect for this amount of salsa. Also it's pink, which is not anywhere near my favorite color, but apparently that was the only one available on amazon. I won't be picky. It's going to get used a ton regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment