Friday, August 30, 2013

116: Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes


Mmmm. This was a really good idea, guys. I'd never stuffed things before- it always seemed like more or a less just a vessel- but I guess I was thinking more of peppers, where there isn't already innards inside. Or innards you would keep So I was a bit intrigued when I saw this recipe from smitten kitchen. Scooping out the tomato bits to use as the base for the sauce? That I can get behind.

For once I followed a recipe. No wait, I added a bunch of extra pepper, and used celery leaves instead of parsley. And a shallot instead of onion. Pretty close for me, though. Additional herbage of basil. Huzzah for making a ton of extra breadcrumbs for that gratin so I had some for this.


I made two. The first was taken out at the allotted 30 minutes, but the rice wasn't quite there, so I threw the second back in for another 10 minutes. You can see how nice and wrinkly the skin got, and yeah, totally improved. So nice, simple and comforting. I love recipes that don't require a lot of fuss. And I still have two stuffable tomatoes to try something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment