Friday, August 9, 2013

89: Bruschetta


Mmmm so obsessed with tomatoes. I think I've only ordered bruchetta once from a restaurant- and it was amazing, don't get me wrong- but it's so simple I usually just think "I can make that myself"...but then never get around to it. Finally did last night, and yum so good.

I winged this, so no recipe per se. It was a nice mix of:
- Cocktail tomatoes
- Sweet Onion
- Garlic
- Basil
- Savory
- Olive Oil/Salt/Pepper


Mixed everything up and let it sit out at room temp a bit to meld. Didn't sweat the proportions, and even forgot the olive oil until right before I ate. Toasted up some foccacia from SCRATCH, spooned the tomato mixture on and nommed. So good.



Not sure I have any notes for improvement- it was pretty damn good. Maybe a little more basil? Or to just make more I guess. Can never get enough tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment