Saturday, August 10, 2013

93: Balsamic Glazed Carrots


So I wanted to do something slightly different with carrots. Saw this recipe from Bittman but didn't have orange juice. One of the things I notice that I love about his recipes is he tends to offer alternates. Chose the balsamic with garlic variant mentioned in the accompanying article. I only had about a 1/3 lb of carrots after peeling and chopping, so third-ed everything and went for it.


I forgot about it a little, so there was probably a little more browning than the recipe wanted, but they're nicely glazed and still firm. Something was missing though. He mentioned adding herbs if you'd like, and after debating decided on a little trial:


On the left is parsley, on the right is basil. Tore the leaves (I had just cleaned Sweetness and the cutting board) and let it sit for a few minutes while working on something else.

Which won? Basil. Worked really well with the balsamic, though I guess that's not too surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment