Wednesday, July 31, 2013

75: Sauteed Mushrooms & Beet Greens


As soon as I got my surprise bag of mushrooms this week, I knew they were going to get used up fast. They all didn't go into this dish- there's a few left for a salad or another (small) application- but it was hard enough to not just toss with olive oil, salt and pepper (or green sauce) and just nom.

This was a quick dish after a fevered batch of canning (post tomorrow, once I can take some pictures). Probably finished this up around 11:30pm. I need more hours in the day.

I sauteed a smallish onion (sliced) and some garlic (grated) in olive oil and salt for a minute, tossed in the chopped mushrooms and beet stems with a little more oil and a healthy pinch or two of black pepper. Once those were nice and soft I tossed in the chopped beet greens and let them wilt down. I also put in a little bit of lemon basil and parsley, but not enough that I actually tasted them.


I had some quinoa in the fridge so mixed some of that in to make a fuller meal, though it tasted nice on its own. Excited for leftovers.

Notes for Improvement:
- Chop the greens a little finer - with noodles this would've size would've fared better, but right now it's a little weird to eat
- More onion
- More herbage
- More pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment