Thursday, July 4, 2013

Dish 29: Tropicana Lettuce, Purslane & Corn Scrambled Eggs


Maybe I should stop posting about my various scrambled eggs...but then like half of my share consumption would be undocumented :)


Sliced up a few leaves of tropicana lettuce- at this point I realize I should just throw a few leaves in everything I make- it's not really going to change the flavor of the dish much, but it'll help me work through it faster haha. Chopped up the rest of my purslane and threw those in a skillet. In the future I'd put the purslane in there a minute or two before the lettuce as it needs more time to cook, but no harm. Also threw in a handful of corn for good measure.

Added the eggs. Scrambled. Etc.


Nommy end result. The corn was nicely sweet. I didn't have a great deal of purslane left so I didn't get much tartness from it, but now and then it came through. The lettuce added a bit of texture, but again was generally unessential.

And yes, eventually I did add sriracha, but I wanted to get more of the subtle flavors before drowning it in spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment