Friday, July 26, 2013

68: Cucumber Avocado Salad


Does this look appetizing? It ended up surprisingly good. I followed this recipe from the internets via food52. Small adjustments- a little less lime juice and salt. Used a white onion instead of red. I realize now than when saying "cut into 1/2" pieces" they didn't mean what I did with the cucumber. So don't be like me and cut it smaller!


I let the flavors mingle in the fridge a little while working on other stuff, then ate some. It was good...but white onion is so much milder than red it wasn't coming through. So I cut up a scallion fine and tossed it in (done after the pic above). Definitely oomphed that flavor up and helped balance the dish overall.

Might make it again, not sure. It's always nice to have an excuse to buy avocados though.

Notes for Improvement: May more attention to the pictures in the recipe. Cut that cucumber smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment