Friday, July 5, 2013

Dishes 31 & 32: Zucchini Noodle Salad & Garlic Scape Dip take 2

Went to an awesome potluck 4th of July BBQ with some cool people. Was thinking I'd use up a ton of my share- but I wasn't about to make a normal salad, as I have so many issues with those, so it was mostly a bit of spinach and a ton of zucchini- or two large zucchini and a large summer squash. And a few of those scapes. Still! I need to do more potlucks.

Deconstructed Salad:


Constructed Salad:


Followed this recipe. Not sure how much olive oil I added to the pesto- but most likely in the 1/2 cup range. Came together similarly to the Sorrel Pesto. Used walnuts instead of the pine nuts in the recipe. Kept everything separate until I got to the park, then mixed right before we ate. Or started to eat. I had three burgers + all the things. Ugh. In case you're wondering what I did with those seedy zucchini parts and the stems from the spinach used in the pesto, well, you should already know.


And the garlic scape dip came together as before. I ended up using a can of beans instead of my own, and fun fact: a 15 oz can of beans only contains about 10 oz of actual beans. So my using the full 15 oz of my own in another reason my dip was so darn thick. The more you know.

Found carrots and celery cheap at the grocery store so I chopped those up for dippage. Being healthy here folks, watch out. Yay I need to do more potlucks!

**Update: Sauce 2: Spinach Pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment