Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dish 40: Lasty

Ahhh end of the delivery week. Like last week it's a frantic rush to use up what remains. This week's was more composed, but not terribly well thought out.


I tossed the last of those vidalia onions in a pan with the last of the garlic scapes. The heat was high so they browned quickly.


Turned down the heat a bit and tossed in the last of the spinach and escarole. Tongs were useful here.

...then things got a bit crazy. Added the leftover vermicelli from my spring rolls and it stuck like crazy to the pan- maybe I needed more oil? Maybe that's what these noodles do? But in a rush I tossed in a peanut sauce I'd prepped (peanut butter, a little soy, toasted sesame oil, a little apple cider vinegar, a little sriracha and some blackberry jam). Mixed it up as best I could.


Was it good? Yes, but not at all suitable for summer. I can stand chilis and soups and risotto in the heat, but I'm drawing the line at peanut sauces. At least ones that aren't dips. I'm not a pad thai girl.


Sriracha helped. Of course. I went on a ~8.5mi bike ride to work some of it out of my system, came home and chopped up a little kohlrabi and carrot to have on the roof. I still have a kohlrabi left, I'm planning on cooking it somehow. But very delicious.


Especially when enjoyed on the roof.


No comments:

Post a Comment