Monday, July 15, 2013

Dish 48: Zucchini Dip


This dip/spread/whatever is good for a hot day, wish I'd had CSA mint though.

Followed this recipe from The Kitchn, processing it in a blender, as I'm getting the hang of it and it's much less noisy than the food processor. I used mint from the grocery store which had an unpleasant bitterness. I added a few more leaves to amp the flavor...which helped a little, but honestly, I'm a little sad.


Still, the dip is cool and refreshing.

Oh! And I ended up adding that optional tahini- just a tablespoon or so. Not to make it thicker, but to make it a little more savory. Without it the lemon and yogurt felt too dessert-y for me to really get into it.

Notes for Improvement:
- Pay the extra dollar and pick up herbs at a greenmarket next time
- Try roasting the zucchini a little more to help with the desserty problem
- It'd be nice to know what "large zucchini" actually meant, as well as how thick to cut those half moons. Maybe a little more brown caramelization would've helped as well

UPDATE: Definitely not a fan of these dressing leftovers- so don't let it sit around too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment