Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dish 45: Mango Basil Salsa


For some reason I can't say mango salsa without a bit of a snicker. A few years ago it was just EVERYWHERE and seemed vaguely ridiculous. And I'd done mango and mint last weekend...oh wait, I forgot to post about that. It was just a mango and some chopped mint, mixed with a little lemon juice. Let it sit out for a few minutes. It was delicious. 


Mango and Basil was based off of this recipe.

Ingredients:
- 1 mango, cut to your liking (next time it'll be smaller)
- 5 basil leaves, minced as well as you can (getting better with my knife skills)
- 1 monster CSA scallion- probably about 2 normal scallions- chopped
- Pinch of salt

Mix together. I let mine hang in the fridge for a bit, as I was debating getting lime juice but then got hungry. It was very good- the basil and scallions were a nice savory compliment to the mango.


I ate half yesterday then this morning while cleaning out the fridge a bit I noticed a leftover roasted poblano from harissa. I added a bit (chopped, not more than a tablespoon) and let it sit while I made my breakfast. Nom. 

As much as I still think it's vagely ridiculous it's also delicious. Heat sweet savory tart balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment