Monday, July 29, 2013

72: Leek Scrambled Eggs


Flavors based on this recipe from smitten kitchen, as I had nowhere near enough leeks to do that recipe. I actually got a little impatient (and hungry for breakfast) so didn't let them go quite as long as they needed, but they still had a nice bit of caramelization. Texture was a little off- not soft enough yet. Topped with nommy blue cheese.


I'm not actually sure I like full on caramelized onions and leeks. French onion soup sounds delicious in theory but is never as good as it is in my head. I like the caramelization of browning, but when it contrasts the bite (texture and sharp flavor) present in the raw onions. Things I'm learning about myself.

The bread is buckwheat sourdough from SCRATCH, which I've been trying with everything, but haven't yet found an optimal pairing. Bread is never not welcome on my plate though.

Notes for Improvement: It's still too hot for blue cheese and heavy/savory/sweet semi-caramelized leeks. Also maybe a little more pepper next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment