Friday, July 12, 2013

Dish 43: Spinach, Basil and Feta Salad

After the success of the Spinach and Mint salad, I thought I'd try my hand with this week's herb.


Chopped up a scallion- used about half for this- and basil, crumbled some feta and mixed with some olive oil. Added a tiny bit of salt and a bunch of pepper. Tasted and added a splash of Garancha wine vinegar. 


Chopped up some Spinach. Dressed the salad at work. 


This one wasn't as successful as the mint. The spinach is bitter, and the basil is a bit too- the vinaigrette could've used a little honey. I also would've liked more scallions.

But I really love these simple salads, it lets me play around with flavors without overwhelming myself with too many components. This dressing is like my soups- a lot of stuff and not much liquid. Don't have a huge problem with that though. I'm starting to get non-greens in my deliveries, so I may try matching flavors with the toppings and just doing a simple vinaigrette, and then eventually putting them together.

Notes for Improvement:
- Try out your salad before you leave the house (or, you know, have a little pantry at work, ha)
- Taste notes above

No comments:

Post a Comment