Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dish 25: Spring Rolls / Salad

I had a little more variety in this delivery so I thought it would be a good idea to revisit spring rolls.


Ingredients: vermicelli (again with toasted sesame oil), carrots, zucchini, kohlrabi, and buttercrunch lettuce. 

They were assembled as before. I still haven't gotten the right taut-ness down in the wrappers. 

It wasn't entirely successful. The ingredients had more texture than before which was nice, but none had a particularly strong flavor. I also prepped way too much of everything- dinner was already leftovers from my tart and the tomato, purslane and egg deliciousness.


I ended up prepping way too much of everything, so I used the leftovers in a salad. 

It was very similar- I think I used a little romaine as well. Again too many bland flavors- the dressing was a simple vinaigrette, and with the grated carrots it for reminded me of KFC cole slaw. I'm not sure what that means: watery and vaguely sweet?

Note for improvement: stronger flavors- either with ingredients, marinates, or dips. Maybe roast/broil some of the veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment