Tuesday, September 17, 2013

144: Peperonata


I know, I know, this again? What can I say...it's good stuff and easy to boot. I used the two peppers from my share and a yellow from the gifted. One medium/large onion cut to resemble the pepper pieces (i.e. wedges), a few cloves of garlic and some borrowed basil. Tomatoes were a pint from canning last year- still good, though very lemony. Salt, pepper, olive oil, and red pepper flake for good measure.

Good batch, though I seriously burned the roof of my mouth on potatoes this weekend, so I had to let it cool down a decent degree. More liquid than I'm used to in this recipe- so this was a braise of the peppers in the tomatoes- not a saute as in earlier batches. I liked the texture of this batch more as a result. The yellow pepper added a little more sweetness, though it was greatly outmatched by the amount of green peppers so it wasn't significant.


The bowl above is very tiny, so I did a second serving with the best over easy egg I've ever done. It looked like a cartoon egg, it was so perfect. Tiny cast iron skillet ftw!

No comments:

Post a Comment