Sunday, September 1, 2013

119: Scallion, Collards, and Basil Scrambled Eggs


One of my more favorite scrambled eggs in a while.

Ingredients:
One scallion, dined fairly fine
~ 1/2 cup collards, chopped
~ 1 tbs basil, chopped fine
~ oil, salt, pepper as needed

I let the scallions go for a decent amount of time in oil and a little salt in a nonstick pan, then added my collards. That went for even longer as I remembered those need time to cook down. Added the basil towards the end. Then a little butter for egg insurance, then the eggs. They still stuck a bit. This pan is getting on my nerves, but the eggs turned out as well as they could.

The collards still had a decent bit of bite to them, which I didn't mind at all. They'd lost all of their bitterness, but obviously hadn't gone the length of time needed for the sweetness of that last collard dish.

What made the dish was the scallions, though; with all that time in the pan they got nicely fried. There's a flavor memory in the back of my mind for this but I can't remember what it is. Regardless I'm sad this was my last delivery scallion for the week as I'd love to put it in a few other things.


The bread foccacia from SCRATCH. Nommed well with the eggs. Good breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment