Friday, September 27, 2013

157: Wilted Chard and Bulgar with Mustard


There are nights you have the best of intentions of going home early, making some dinner, and getting a lot of sleep. Of course that doesn't happen though, you have an event then go to a second location (not with a hippie, but still not the best idea), and then don't get home til 1am. I still needed to make lunch, I still had chard from last week's share, so I cooked up something the in morning before work.

This probably wouldn't have happened if I didn't already have leftover diced onions from the pate. Part of me always wants to have those on hand now, as I was able to put this together in about 15 minutes.

I sauteed the onions in a pan with some oil and salt. Let them go a little too long as I didn't have the rest of my mise set up. Added some grated garlic and chopped chard. Stirred until the greens wilted. Meanwhile, mixed some mustard and olive oil and tossed the greens in that as soon as they came out of the pan. I kept the dressing to a minimum, as I wanted the flavor of the chard to come through. Made use of some bulgur leftover from my stuffed squash to accompany.

It was another case of not tasting the final product and paying for it a bit. The mustard was a fine level for just the greens, but got lost when everything was mixed with the bulgar. Still very good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment