Saturday, September 28, 2013

159: Radish and Avocado Sandiwches


This is insanely easy. No harm in that. Used a recipe from Martha, though as you can see it was less a recipe than a list of ingredients. You pick your proportions.

Needed a quick lunch so this was ideal. I made a vinaigrette with lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Just mixed them until they tasted good. Sliced my radishes at home and a few pieces of amazing sourdough from She Wolf Bakery. Bought an avocado on my way to work.


Assembled by tossing my radishes in the vinaigrette, then the avocados. Mashing the avocados onto the bread, topping with radishes.

I had a few problems with this- namely my whole lemons in savory aversion, especially creamy savory. Next time I'd try this with vinegar as my acid. I couldn't taste the radishes; I would've loved more of their peppery bite. And finally as much as I love the hell out of this bread, it's not the best sliced for sandwiches. Maybe hoagie style. And I had a bunch with pate. Just not a sandwich bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment