Sunday, September 22, 2013

151: Spicy Braised Eggplant and Tofu


No Baignan this week. It's ok. I'm enjoying this. I used this recipe from Macheesmo, though instead of rice noodles I used sweet potato / buckwheat noodles (someone felt like being fancy at Whole Foods this week. That person is me by the way). I'd probably recommend something less strong, as you really want the star to be the eggplant and tofu. Oh, I also used portobello mushrooms instead of shiitake. I even have an extra for snacking/scrambling.

My only complaint that it was a bit salty, to be expected with lots of soy sauce and sriracha, but it was tasty. Super simple to prepare, and I have a ton of leftovers, which will be nice for lunches.


Oh and apparently it wasn't spicy enough, so of course this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment