Sunday, September 8, 2013

131: Baignan Bharta V6


Used the recipe in V4- cut in half as my eggplants were much smaller this week. From what I remember this was a little less sweet than the white version, which is good. I think it was a little heavy on the onions, though. 

Overall this batch ended up...chunkier. There was a little accident in the kitchen earlier this week that took out a pot lid, so I couldn't let everything simmer and break down. But I did realize two  important things for the next attempt:
  • I've been putting in way too much cumin.
  • Cinnamon, with a light touch, is very essential.
Though at this point it's been so long since I've tried the goal version- I'm very much overdue for a trip, but won't have the free days until December. I may take a little break from this dish if I get more eggplant. There are a few other recipes I'd like to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment