Wednesday, September 11, 2013

136: Cabbage Marmalade Toasts


So this may be a bit of a copout, as it's just a variation on that pizza I had for breakfast the other weekend. But last minute lunches are generally not well thought out.

I picked up some tangy sourdough from Amy's Bread (which I hadn't had in a while. It hits the spot well enough, though should really plan a trip back to SF for the real thing...and to visit my sister. I have priorities though haha), spread some anchovy paste on and toasted that a bit to hopefully get rid of the fishiness.

Once the bread was good and toasty, piled on my marmalade and topped with the chopped olives.

The verdict: ehhh. What went wrong? Despite the toasting, the anchovy paste made the whole thing very fishy. Next time I'll mix it with the marmalade to spread that flavor out a bit, and reheat the whole thing before topping. Maybe I'll throw the olives in there, too, to mellow those out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment