Sunday, September 15, 2013

141: Potato Salad with Dill Vinaigrette


Yay for roasting potatoes well.

I would say I used this recipe, and I guess I did, but I only half read it, and in the half-reading it was very confusing. I do realize how that ridiculous that sentence is. So I cut up the potatoes to a size I thought would be nice and roasted them, along with a bunch of cloves of garlic.

While those went I made the vinaigrette (lower portion of the recipe)- somewhere between a 1/4-1/3 batch. And then a little heavy on the vinegar mix as I couldn't pour that much olive oil in. I just couldn't. Also I can probably drink vinegar straight, I love to so much.

When the potatoes were done I let them cool as long as I could, then spooned a little vinaigrette on and threw in some capers. Just a small portion of potatoes, though. (All of the roasted garlic went in my face btw, not the salad). And while I would encourage the addition of those capers, it took a bit of finagling to get them looking pretty as above, they all just want to fall to the bottom of the bowl.

Oh yeah, and it's good to let this sit a little bit before eating so the flavors can meld, but I'm also happy I kept the leftover potatoes and dressing separated in the fridge. Definitely a mix like ~20 min max before serving kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment