Thursday, September 5, 2013

126: Roasted Tomatillo Salsa


Seriously: HOW did I not know about tomatillos until now? Why did no one sit me down and make me eat this delicious thing. I kept seeing them in grocery stores and while tempted, I never actually took the plunge to buy. Well I got 10 this week, which meant about 7-8 for this recipe, and a few for me to nom while it roasted. So tart and delicious.

This week's share had tomatillos and cilantro so that meant salsa time. I followed this recipe from Food in Jars. It's loose (the recipe and my resulting salsa), but I think that's just my bias for liking all my sauces/soups/chilis being crammed full of "stuff" as opposed to brothy.

There are no chips in my apartment, at least none that I'm aware of. Maybe I'll make tacos or enchiladas this week to use some up. Or I'll just make some regular salsa with my tomatoes and have a party. Or hey here's a roundup of uses for leftover salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment