Thursday, September 12, 2013

137: Tofu, Broccoli and Pepper Stir Fry


This would probably be more of a stir fry if I had a bigger pan- not even a wok, just something with a bit more room. When all the stuff was added to the pan it was crazy crowded, but still turned out well. I used a mix of these two recipes. I didn't want to use all of my broccoli up- I have plans for it!- so I added the peppers and onion to make up for the missing veg. Didn't have any cornstarch, so I used flour to thicken, which lead to more of a gravy-like sauce than the recipe probably intended. Also I need to invest in some low-sodium soy sauce. Still feel a little salty.

It took a bit of time, mostly waiting for the tofu to press, but overall an easy dinner. Oh yes, and despite the red pepper flake, felt like this needed a bit of heat so sriracha was liberally applied after this picture was taken. If I were to do this again (and I may, though probably not this veggie mix), I'd switch up the sauce a little- less soy, add some ginger, obviously a little more heat.

1 comment:

  1. I've made my own recipe like that and I think your recipe was the best. Thanks for sharing it here and I have now an idea on how to make this kind of recipe. I have also a recipe for stir fry sauce and I hope that I made it perfect.

    ReplyDelete