Friday, September 6, 2013

127: Roasted Broccoli


There is something to be said for roasting, even when it's summer. And especially this broccoli. I'm not sure why people have such an avoision to broccoli stems in general, but this stuff was so fresh and amazing and delicious it all got roasted. Just get your broccoli closer to the source. It makes a difference.

I got three heads (crowns? pieces?) this week, saved one for future easy raw nomming, and decided to simply roast the rest.

Cut them up as equally as I could, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper until they tasted good (if a little salty- I assume some will fall off during cooking) and roasted at 425 for about a half hour, stirring/rotating every ten minutes or so. Broccoli is nice roasted as the florets get nicely crunchy and brown. As soon as I took them out, sprinkled a little pecorino on, but not much. 

It's never quite as nice as leftovers, but I'm still pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment