Thursday, September 26, 2013

156: Sage Liver Pate and Shallot Jam



What happened to eating healthy? Not sure. But that picture is of something super delicious: chicken liver pate and shallot jam on bread. Last night I hate some on a sage biscuit. Sugar on butter on butter.

I used this recipe from The Bitten Word, subbing out sage for thyme. I'm not getting much sage from the final dish though, I'll add more if I do this again. Also I sliightly overcooked my livers- digging into the pate this morning I was hoping to see a little pink, but no luck. But there was bad lighting at home, because guess what I saw when I had some at work:



Slight but there! Yay! Maybe next time I get liver friendly herbage I'll be spot on.

The winner for me in all of this is the shallot jam. Remnicient of my fig jam, it's made with balsamic vinegar, but with brown sugar for extra caramelly depth. The shallots swing it nicely savory and ugh...I could, have, and will continue to just eat it with a spoon. It would be amazing on sandwiches. I need to make more sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment