Thursday, October 31, 2013

207: Smoked Salmon Potato Salad




This isn’t terribly sexy-looking, but I’m not sure how much you can do with potato salad. Based on this insanely simple recipe from Serious Eats, I adapted a bit to what I had and knew I would enjoy.

I’m not a huge sour cream person, but I always have greek yogurt on hand, and while rummaging through my crisper for recipe-approved herbs I came across dill. It's not on the list but it seemed a natural pairing with salmon so I went with it. By this time I was nearing a tzatziki anyway, so I just added in that garlic. Apologies to anyone who gets near my monster breath. Totally worth it.

Ingredients:
2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1/2" coins
Salt
3 oz smoked salmon (mine’s from Ikea! I probably shouldn’t be so excited, but I am)
3/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup mix of scallions and dill (mostly scallions, maybe 1.5 tsp dill?)
1 clove of garlic, made into a paste with a little kosher salt
Black pepper to taste
 
Boil/simmer your potatoes in salted water until tender then drain and let cool. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, then add your potatoes. Season to taste. Super simple and makes a ton of food. I feel like leftovers will be even better, once the garlic and herb flavors have had time to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment