Tuesday, October 15, 2013

180: Broccoli and Potato Pizza


Some veggies, but mostly carbs and cheese on carbs.

Pizzas are one of those foods I can't really buy anymore (with the exception of like 2 places). Even though cheap and generally super convenient, they're just easy/fun and super customizable, why not just make them?

The tough part is the dough, which is only tough in the time sense, but just make a giant batch, freeze the rest, and then you don't have to deal with that aspect. 

I think I've enumerated these things before, in previous pizza posts

This one was different, in that I used the dough recipe listed here (subbing out beer for water, always a good idea). I'd up the salt a little next time. It was also a white pie, which I'm generally not a fan of. Good here, though.

Toppings were: 
  • Potatoes - which were sliced and sauteed until tender and a little browned
  • Broccoli - sliced at a steep angle, tossed in salt pepper and olive oil, then sauteed until tender
  • Smoked mozz
  • Pecorino
  • Rosemary


I don't make pizzas enough to have the timing down on this oven. Mine were a bit doughier than I'm used to as well, so the bottoms burnt a bit while the tops were still a little pale. It was good though, especially when topped with a little sriracha. 




No comments:

Post a Comment