Tuesday, October 1, 2013

162: Kale Stuffed Sweet Potatoes


Fall is awesome. True fact. Especially as it means I get to make recipes like this. It's a super simple preparation, that once again doesn't require much more than ovening and time. I used this recipe from the kitchn, though didn't follow it completely. In lieu of beans I used chickpeas (I had them), and instead of red pepper flake used some smoked paprika, for smokiness and a slow burn as opposed to outright fire.

I kept a decent amount of bite to the kale- totally recommended as the sweet potato is so soft. I'd also recommend stuffing the hell out of it, as my ratio was a little off and it was a little on the sweet side. And yeah, maybe use a little of that red pepper flake, or sneak in some sriracha before you fill.

Oh and this is definitely just a gimmic-y stuffing scenario, but one I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment