Sunday, October 6, 2013

170: Rainbow Slaw


Such pretty. Adapted this recipe from Bon Appetit, subbing out regular radish for the daikon. I used some of my rainbow carrots for gorgeousness, and all of my broccoli stems.

I actually made two iterations of the dish- the first with a dressing similar to what the recipe calls for (sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic chili sauce, ginger). I'm not feeling strong sesame oil taste with salads though, so I'm happy I only made a small amount.

The second prep was with a lemon juice, dijon mustard, and garlic chili sauce dressing. The salad itself is nicely sweet, I just wanted something light and with bite, and that very much fit the bill. I'm surrounded by startchy/rich/fatty/sweet food all weekend, a lot of the things I make are going to be as detoxy as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment