Friday, November 29, 2013

(Off Share) Apple Cranberry Jam


Cold weather means I want to stay inside by the oven all day. Or at least I don't mind. I had apples leftover from the freebie bag I got the other week, so I decided to make a tiny batch of jam with fresh cranberries, as those were on sale at Whole Foods this week.

I based this off this recipe from Food in Jars, subbing out some of the sugar with honey and adding a little fresh ginger. I would post the recipe, but while I'm completely confident it's acidic enough to not let botulism grow, I don't have a pH tester (yet?), and I don't want to, you know, kill anyone just in case I'm foiled by my own hubris.

The results are crazy vibrantly red- like "ok, this is probably all chemicals" red- and, as jam generally is for me, much much too sweet to eat on its own. But it'll be lovely in oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment