Friday, November 1, 2013

208: Roasted Garlic on Toast





Steps:
Roast your garlic (cut the top of, drizzle a little oil, sprinkle some salt, wrap and foil and roast until soft)
Toast your bread
Squeeze the cloves out and spread on like butter
Eat


I think were I to do this again (and I may), I’d add a bit more, you know, flavor to the party. This time, though, I was interested in seeing how straight up CSA roasted garlic would taste. And, as has been the case for most things compared to their supermarket versions, this was sweeter and generally subtly “better,” as unhelpful as that description is. 

But next time I’ll probably get better bread, add some fresh herbs, drizzle a little more oil, and then maybe a bit of spicy with some red pepper flake. Salt and pepper. Maybe a little grated pecorino, if I’m already going a little crazy with the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment