Wednesday, November 13, 2013

221: Mashed Carrots with Orange and Ginger


So this was the dish I mentioned the other day, that I used up my pound of carrots on. It was one of those rare occurrences- I follow a number of food blogs, but they never seem to have recipes I can actually use with my share. So I pounced on this recipe posted by The Bitten Word, boiling carrots then mixing with mint and orange zest. I omitted the hot sauce in that initial butter melt, just to see what the final results would be like. It wasn't unpleasant, though a little too orange-y for my tastes. It reminded me of that cauliflower cous cous


With the hot sauce though? Mmm. Really lovely on the first really cold day of the season. Next time I'd probably roast (of course), to bring a little more depth and caramelization to the party, but this was still lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment