Monday, November 4, 2013

211: Rainbow Carrot Salad with Coriander Yogurt Dressing


I wanted another simple salad, but something a little more interesting than what I'd been coming up with lately. This recipe from Bon Appetit was perfect. Carrot ribbons as a base (and gorgeous rainbow ones at that), radishes, scallions and lightly candied walnuts. Dressing of yogurt, vinegar honey and coriander. Really gorgeous.

My only subs were to use less sugar than the recipe called for on those walnuts, and garancha wine vinegar in lieu of sherry (what I had). 

Were I to make this again I'd save adding walnuts until the end, but as it was I just mixed everything together and it turned out well enough.The leftovers held up pretty well, too, though ideally I would've stored everything separately and mixed it up at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment