Saturday, November 30, 2013

236: Curried Brussels Sprouts


This looks so freaking...festive. I used this recipe from Saveur, though my Brussels were so small (and only 1/3 of what the recipe called for) the recipe was more a guide. But this style of curry reminds me of ones I've done before so I knew the road map pretty well and just adjusted as I went.

I used a scallion instead of onion/garlic, as that was the most readily available thing I had. Most of the spices went down to pinches, and I kept the whole tomato because, you know, tomatoes are the best. I only wish I could remember where I'd put my hing, though it was lovely without it.


My only complaint was that I lost too much of that great roasted Brussels flavor- so next time I'd probably notch down on the spices a bit, or eat it night of. The curry-ness only gets stronger if you give it time in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment