Tuesday, November 5, 2013

212: Garlicy Pecorino Kale Salad


I love dinosaur kale. The texture, the bitterness, all the parts. It's a very meaty green. That might not be the best phrasing, but it's a green that will definitely make you feel full. I used this recipe from 101 cookbooks. My only change was to use a full clove of garlic, because deliciousness. The resulting salad was a little overdressed, I could've used a little less salt, but a myriad of sins can be corrected with an over easy egg. It would've been alright without it, but definitely much better with.

I dressed all the greens, as the kale will hold up decently, and I'm planning on mixing the leftovers with some quinoa to blunt the impact of that dressing.

Oh! And I totally didn't mind the lemon in this. Making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment