Tuesday, November 5, 2013

213: Roasted Garlic Toast (semi-fancy version)


This is more like it. My last attempt at garlic on toast was lame, I'll admit. I have a cabinet at work that's a decent mini-pantry: some vinegar, salt, pepper, sriracha, but definitely not enough to really pimp out a piece of toast. At home there are more toys to play with. AND the last of the lovely sourdough I got from She Wolf Bakery (remember parsley on toast? yay for freezing bread).

I roasted my garlic with a little olive oil, salt, and thyme, wrapped up in aluminum foil. Once it was soft, I squeezed it out onto the bread, topped with the thyme, salt, pepper, red pepper flake and olive oil.

The roasted garlic was lovely and sweet, that raw bite totally mellowed. I will say though, when I've used cloves in other dishes, they've smelled and tasted more garlicy than ones from the supermarket. Better quality, much less bitter.


Here's the deliciousness, which could have more craziness done to it with cheese, butter, and...bacon? No, I doubt I'll get more crazy than this.

Also, disclaimer: this was actually the second piece of toast, and the second head of garlic I consumed in such a fashion that night. Were you aware that while metabolizing garlic your sweat can smell a little garlicy too? It's not just garlic breath, it'll come out through your pores! Science!

No comments:

Post a Comment