Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Delivery 22

Potatoes - 2 pounds
Beets - 2 pounds
Carrots - 1 pound
Red Russian Kale - 1 bunch
Purple Globe Turnips - 2
Flat Leaf Parsley - 1 bunch
Garlic - 2 heads
Acorn Winter Squash - 1
Popcorn - 4 cobs
Hot Peppers - take if you like



Red Russian Kale




Garlic

Guess. You'll probably be right.



Turnips

Believe it or not, I went for the smaller turnips, hoping to avoid the weird bitterness I had with the last big one. Slaw with carrots and apples. Slaw with carrots (bonus for parsley).



Acorn Squash

Soup with turnips. Soup with turnip chips. Soup with kale and bacon. What? I'm cold.



Popcorn

Note with the popcorn: let dry for three more weeks for best results. Um, thanks? I'll probably wait to bring this home to my parents', where there is a microwave.



Beets

Went for a bag with smaller beets. Salad with ginger. Salad with kale. Beet chips. Salad with potatoes.



Carrots

Boo orange carrots! Here's a slaw with beets (and beet greens, but I could use kale or something).



Potatoes

Ugh, potatoes. Part of me just wanted to swap these guys out for more garlic on the swap table. Here's fritters with turnips. Potato pancakes. Potato pizza dough. Or this potato cake (bonus for parsley).



Hot Peppers



Flat Leaf Parsley

I just kind of want to do wilted parsley on toast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment