Monday, November 11, 2013

217: Roasted Garlic Fight


I'd been thinking way too much about roasted garlic. As you do. Wondering how much the source matters- whether my CSA garlic was that much better than one from the grocery store. So while roasting a whole bunch of other veggies, I threw a few heads of garlic on the pan. 

In the pic above, the front is from the store, the back from my CSA. They got a little olive oil and salt, and roasted until just soft. 


Here they are, mashed on delicious Cacio e Pepe sourdough from SCRATCHbread. Same layout, right is grocery, left is CSA. 

I'm not sure if that picture does it justice, but the grocery store's clove turned a weird slight blue/green in the oven. Flavor wise I think the grocery store's was a little more bitter, but it's not as noticeable as I was hoping it would be. 

In the end, though, it was the CSA garlic that I squeezed into my soup. I'm curious to see how they compare raw and cooked for even longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment