Saturday, November 16, 2013

226: Herb Butter Roasted Potatoes


Sometimes it's really good to just cook something, like potatoes, that you don't have a recipe in mind for. While I was roasting (off share) sweet potatoes, I threw a few potatoes on the other rack. I figured at worst they could hang out in the fridge until a day I was too lazy/busy to cook. And that's what happened. 

After getting my hair cut and doing my weekly extra ingredient shopping trip (an expensive one, though a good $10 was stock alone) I got home with just enough energy to eat a bowl of yogurt and whip this up. 

I thickly sliced the cooked and cooked potatoes, then sauteed them for a bit in herb butter. I meant to post about the herb butter but never got around to it- to the best of my recollection it had parsley, thyme, dill, mint, maybe some basil and cilantro. I added a bit of pepper and way too much salt, so I'm forced to use it sparingly. 

The results were perfect for a cold day, and a more than good reason to just throw something extra into the oven whenever it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment