Thursday, October 31, 2013

Delivery 21

I'm very much behind on this post, apologies. Many recipes are pulled from previous posts.

Potatoes - 2 pounds
Carrots - 1 pound 
Chiogga Beets - 1 pound
Garlic - 2 heads
Lacinato Kale - 1 bunch
Mustard Greens - 1 bunch
Radishes - 1 bunch
Thyme - 1 bunch
Romanesco Cauliflower - 1 head



Mustard Greens

Salads are tempting, but it's hard for me to turn down an Indian dish.



Chiogga Beets

Will take a picture of this pretties when I actually cook them, but in an effort to save plastic I didn't want to tear open the bag. They have bag of 15 lbs of beets for sale from my CSA. It's bad how tempted I am. Definitely want to preserve the color on these, so will likely use one of these recipes from the kitchn. Here are more raw beet recipes.



Rainbow Carrots

Raw salad to showcase the colors. Roasted with honey ginger butter. Salad with walnuts and radishes.



Potatoes

Roasted (bonus for rainbow carrots).



Radishes

Mango and radish salad. Radish curry. Oh man, maybe I'll actually make this crazy crazy bread.


Romanesco Cauliflower


Really want a recipe that keeps the cauliflower looking pretty, so a roast seems ideal.



Thyme

Roasting herb. Will throw it in where I can. Maybe I'll try drying it out? I can never use these things up in time.


Garlic

Used in other recipes, most likely. Can't afford to be precious.



Dinosaur Kale

All the salads, please. Here's one with balsamic vinegar and pine nuts. One with ricotta. Super simple with breadcrumbs and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment