Tuesday, October 22, 2013

189: Daikon Napa Cabbage Soup


Beige on beige on beige. This is kind of a mix of two recipes, one from the Huffington Post, the other from Bittman (hot & sour).

Ingredients
1/2 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tbs grated ginger
1 box (4 cups?) miso broth
1 lb daikon, chopped
1 head napa cabbage, sliced into strips
1 lb extra firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
~ soy sauce, vinegar, pepper

I added the ~ items haphazardly, and feel like only the pepper may have actually been needed? It's fine, don't get me wrong, but the broth (from Whole Foods, don't judge) was really good and comforting on its own (or at least with the ginger, garlic, etc). 

My favorite part of this recipe is how much of my share it knocked out, though. Not sure I'll make again unless I'm faced with another cabbage/crazy huge daikon situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment