Monday, October 14, 2013

178: Cauliflower and Eggs in Tomato Sauce


Such high hopes for the dish, but ended up being kind of bland. A few things could've accounted for this: used red tomatoes instead of yellow, used Roma instead of slicing (I make a list for shopping and misremembered which recipe these were for), it was kinda undersalted as well. 

If I were to do this again: none of this blanching/flouring business, saute small florets or roast/broil. Use onion/garlic/more spices and herbs (I threw in some rosemary and sage, because flavor). I can do some lemon in tomato, but here for whatever reason it was jarring. 

Ok, so my changes would make this into a remarkably different dish but I don't mind. Here though I felt it was a bit of a waste of tomatoes and eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment