Friday, October 4, 2013

167: Wilted Parsley on Toast


Any doubt I'd love this recipe? The only thing I didn't do was rub the toast with garlic. That would've made things even better, but it was rather good without. 

It's a nice application of parsley- the first time I'd seen it treated like just another green- and it was obviously super strong but not unpleasantly so. Wilted in a little water, drained, then lightly sauteed with butter, salt and pepper. Put on some lovely She Wolf sourdough. Topped with two almost overdone eggs, caught them just in time.

The parsley is really bright and assertive, a lot of butter and a rich egg were definitely needed to round it out. I almost think the raw garlic on the toast may have been too much of a bright bite, that I'd like some roasted garlic spread on like butter. I may have to try that; I did save a little parsley. I'd also be interested in trying it with other herbs.


Mmm action shot! My weekend internship is a brunchy place, and for a second I thought I'd gotten sick of eggs, but who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment