Sunday, October 20, 2013

187: Bok Choy and Radish Slaw


This is the slaw just after mixing- definitely good, but as the recipe said to refrigerate for a half hour I did so. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Fun knife skills practice was had slicing up bok choy, radishes, daikon, basil and mint. I did scallions in lieu of the onion the recipe called for (honestly because I got confused from looking at another recipe, but a fine substitution nonetheless). I had no fish sauce, so the dressing was just mustard, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, lime and peanut oil. I'm not sure how soy sauce + vinegar = fish sauce, but just accept that that's what happened.

Mixed, ate a bowl, refrigerated.


This is a smaller portion a half hour later. Liked it much more after the flavors had had time to marry. Unsurprisingly, the star for me was the mint. Or maybe not the star, but my favorite part. Overall though a very nice slaw to use up a bunch of share ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment