Monday, June 17, 2013

Dish 7: Last Minute Salad



Love this new place.

As I made my scrambled eggs yesterday I got a call from my mom- literally a few seconds after I'd put the kale in the pan. She was coming up to help me move the more fragile/unboxable things to my new apartment. It ended up being so much more than I thought. I climbed the equivalent 50 flights of stairs loaded up like a pack mule. Didn't eat enough. Went a little loopy. Needless to say I still have dumplings to fill and kimchi to complete.

Today's salad was designed to be as easy as possible- leftover radishes, all of the red leaf lettuce, the the last of the mizuna- which had sadly started getting wilty (need to work on my storage). The dressing is spicy hummous from Sahadi's thinned with a little oil and vinegar.

I wanted to try the salad-in-a-mason-jar thing. Fine enough but not sure how to get all that dressing out of the bottom. Also probably intended for more interesting-looking salads.


Still not getting this whole salad thing. I enjoyed this one more than my first one. A dressing with actual, you know, flavor seems to help. A bigger plate/bowl at work would as well.

CSA pickup is tomorrow- what do I still have left from last week? Bok choy, rhubarb and romaine.  (Update: and oregano!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment