Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dish 23: Beans and Chard

There's a fine line between brilliant and stupid. 


This is the stupid way to assemble this dish: saute scallions and shallots. Wilt some chard. Then, later because you're lazy but also in a rush, stir in some white beans.


It's probably going a bit far to say this is brilliant, but it's certainly much much better. I sauteed some onions and garlic, then added my beans with a bunch of the starchy bean water (honestly, it was frozen leftover from the white bean garlic scape dip). Added a little leftover turkey stock from my chard risotto. A little rosemary and thyme. A bay leaf and a little bit of cumin. Then wilted in the chard.


The chard gave the broth a nice pink hue. Tasty. I wish I knew how to make hot weather food. Not that I'm complaining. A little pecorino didn't hurt things either.

No comments:

Post a Comment