Thursday, November 28, 2013

235: Celeriac and Apple Slaw


A while ago I read a book called Spiced, wherein the author talks about having worked for Martha Stewart. She says they put out so many recipes that a decent amount of them are just variations on the other. So it's not surprising that this recipe exists, given the variations I've done with kohlrabi and turnips. My only sub was using apple cider vinegar instead of plain cider.

Of the three variations I like kohlrabi best, but celeriac definitely beats out turnip. My only complaint was I'd cut the matchsticks way too long, so actually eating the thing was a bit of a challenge. The texture of celeriac raw isn't great, either, but with this style of preparation it isn't too bad. Not sure I'd do it again though.


No comments:

Post a Comment